I started blogging in 2009. Today, those posts are a part of a blog I call Finding Inspiration. It is all about the people, the moments and the experiences that encourage personal growth—building faith, improving health, strengthening relationships, and encouraging productivity and creativity at work. And at the root of all that growth is a belief that God is the ultimate source for all those good things (James 1:17), and it all works to give us a glimpse at Him and reveal a bit of the beauty He creates in a world full of messy, broken people.
My writing there covers many areas of life, but the areas I tend to write about more frequently are Christian Faith and Culture, Motherhood, Marriage, Community, Self-Esteem and Body Image, and Productivity and Organization. Here are some of my most popular posts:
- Life Is Serious. Keep It Simple.
- Lessons Learned After Five Years of Marriage
- On Barbie, Beauty, and Dreams
- On Trying To Be Productive
- On Confidence and 7 Ways To Start Speaking Life Into A Child
- Putting Pieces of Love and Creativity into a Child’s Space
In 2016, I became a regular contributor for a blog called GraceTable. The blog is about faith and food. Each story posted shows the importance of both the grace God offers to us and that which we extend to others as we go through our daily lives.
- The Problem With Chasing Perfection (GraceTable)
- The Ministering Power Of Presence (GraceTable)
- Finding Your Place At God’s Table When You’re Grieving (GraceTable)
I also write guest posts on blogs from time to time. Here are a couple of them:
- Battling Anxiety as a First-Time Mama, with God (For Holly Brown at The Brown Tribe)
- Loving, Layering, and Sharing Goodness (For Deidra Riggs at Jumping Tandem)
Freelance Writing & Editing
- How Letting Down Walls Lets Us See the Love of Jesus (C’est La Vie:The Magazine – July 2015 issue)
- Growing Pains: When God Uses Our Children to Redeem Us (C’est La Vie: The Magazine – January 2016 issue)
- 4 Important Things Your Pastor Needs From You (iBelieve.com, March 24, 2016)
Writing poetry is my favorite type of creative writing. In fact, many of my blog posts feature short poems. Here are a few of my favorites:
For a look at more of my poems on this site, I have an archived list here.
Contributor to the 2016 release, Five Minute Friday: A Collection of Stories Written in Five Minutes Flat